[Lynx-dev] Problem when downloading *.gz files

From: John J. Boyer
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Problem when downloading *.gz files
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 09:45:24 -0500

When I use lynx to download a file with a gz extension and then try to
uncompres it with gunzip I get garbage. This has happened with html.gz
files. It does not happen with tar.gz files. If I download the file with
wget it uncompresses properly. But finding it with Lynx is much more
convenient.

Thanks,

--
John J. Boyer; President,