Re: [Lynx-dev] Can I Solve these 403 Errors Forever?

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Can I Solve these 403 Errors Forever?
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 19:14:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi Larry,
I am sure others will share their opinion, so here is mine.
To be honest it might be more practical to inform the source of this site that they are blocking the browser incorrectly, than to remove the option for sending the user agent. This is because some sites will think you are a hacker without the agent at all.
I am unsure where you are running lynx most of the time.
Perhaps you can edit the user agent so it is something more conventional all the time?
Just my thoughts,
Kare