[Lynx-dev] Getting color output to work...

From: L A Walsh
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Getting color output to work...
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 16:51:46 -0800

Hi, I'm having a problem using lynx to display a local
html-ized file that hilights syntax w/color.

Specifically, its the output of Vim's convert file to
html script which dumps the file's highlighting to
a buffer which one can then write to disk.

The manpage indicates that it should work using the
terminal's color settings if it has a curses entry, but
I'm not getting it to work.

I added show_color=always to my ~/.lynxrc, but no difference.

I wanted it sent to a file so I could display the htmtext
with 'less', but that and direct-to-screen both do not
work.

I'm attaching an html output file from a smallish
C file, as well as a screen-dump of what it looks like.

What am I doing wrong?

My terminal emulator is xterm & linux console compatible.

Thanks much,
-linda

JPEG image

/* call 'access' call on file w/mask
 */

#include <unistd.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <ctype.h>

static  const char * help []= {"Real UID/GID access (not Effective) test.",
                      "             access <filename> [<type>]",
                      "                    type = <mode>[<mode>...]",
                      "                    mode = <R|W|X>",
                      "                 no mode tests existence",
                      0,
                      };
;
void msg (const char *msg[]) {
  const char **p;
  for (p=msg; p; ++p) {
    fprintf(stderr, "%s\n", p);
  }
}

void errmsg(int status, const char * msgtxt[]) {
  msg(msgtxt);
  exit(status);
}

int main (int argc, char **argv) {
  char * file;
  int mode;
  int status;
  int err;

  if (argc<2 || argc>3) errmsg(1, help);
  file=argv[1];
  mode=F_OK;
  if (argc>2) {
    char *modes=argv[2];
    int len = strlen(modes);
    printf ("len=%d, s=%s\n", len, modes);
    int i;
    const char * invms[] = {"Invalid mode string",0};
    const char * invmis[] = {"Invalid mode in mode string",0};
    if (len>3) {
      errmsg(EINVAL, invms);
    }
    while (*modes) {