Re: [Lynx-dev] Wrapping line behavior

From: patakuti
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Wrapping line behavior
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 10:46:49 -0800 (PST)

>> For the unconditional wrapping - I suppose it's possible that lynx is
>> confused about the width of the terminal.  If it were only kterm (and
>> not also the Windows port), I'd check if you have disabled the auto-wrap
>> feature (which kterm, being based on xterm, I think would apply).
>
> It doesn't depend on the terminal, I got the same results with kterm, xterm
> and gnome-terminal.
> I think lynx isn't confused about the width of the terminal because long line
> consist of plural words is wrapped as expected.
> The problem occurs with long line consist of single word.

I wrote a patch against it.  It works fine for me.
I tested following environments.
  - 2.8.8dev10 + slang    on Ubuntu
  - 2.8.8dev10 + ncursesw on Ubuntu (No degrade check)
  - 2.8.9dev11 + slang    on Ubuntu
  - 2.8.9dev11 + ncursesw on Ubuntu (No degrade check)
  - 2.8.9dev11 + PDCurses on Windows

--
Takeshi Hataguchi
E-mail: address@hidden