Re: [Lynx-dev] Wrapping line behavior

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Wrapping line behavior
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 00:33:53 -0500

On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 02:07:44PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Chuck Martin dixit:
>
> >I use screen, and have no problem copying long URLs.  Use 'c' to mark
> >the first column before selecting any text, and 'J' to join lines
> >before completing the selection.
>
> Oh, I didn?t know this either ;) but that only helps when the paste
> destination is also in GNU screen and not, for example, in a GUI
> browser. I occasionally need to do this also, from xterm.

I just start the browser from the command line.  I don't know if this
works with all browsers, but firefox and seamonkey will open the page
in an already running browser, if one is running, instead of starting
another instance, unless you add -no-remote to the command line.  I have
a script called browse that takes a URL as an argument and allows me
to select a browser from a list to open it in.  The list includes
firefox/new and firefox/existing, and runs firefox with or without
the -no-remote option depending on which one I choose.  Same for
seamonkey/new and seamonkey/existing.

--
My address uses a whitelist.  If you aren't in my whitelist, you can
only send me e-mail if you send to an appropriately tagged address (it