[Lynx-dev] lynx.browser bug: typing in a search term in Russian doesn

From: dave
Subject: [Lynx-dev] lynx.browser bug: typing in a search term in Russian doesn
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 17:04:08 -0800

I've reported this bug before but it's still present in 2.8.9dev.11.  When
I type a search term in Russian to any browser, It only displays the first
character I type.  The next 5 characters I type dont diplay but the next
(the 7th char) displays OK along with the 5 characters that were
previously hidden.  An interesting aspect is that only the first character
I type need be in Russsin to get this bug.  If the first is Russian and
the rest is ASCII the same hidden 5 characters happens.  I have Uni3 fonts
loaded (includes Russian). And here's my /etc/default/keyboard file:

XKBMODEL="pc104"
XKBLAYOUT="us,us"
XKBVARIANT="basic,rus"
XKBOPTIONS="terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp,lv3:rwin_switch_latch,grp:lwin_toggle"
BACKSPACE="guess"

To get Russian one hits the left-Win key (toggles between us.basic and
us.rus keyboards).  Linux must "guess" what it should do when backspace is
hit.