Re: [Lynx-dev] options

From: Larry Hynes
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] options
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 21:28:09 +0000

iohann wrote:
> when i go to options for configuring lynx behavior, almost all options
> "will not be saved". how do i configure lynx so that i can change & save
> options?

Look in lynx.cfg (which is in ~/.lynx/ on my machine) for the
ENABLE_LYNXRC options. From the preamble to those options:

# The forms-based O'ptions menu shows a (!) marker beside items which
# are not saved to ~/.lynxrc -- the reason for disabling some of
# these items is that they are likely to cause confusion if they are
# read from the .lynxrc file for each session. However, they can be
# enabled or disabled using the ENABLE_LYNXRC settings. The default
# (compiled-in) settings are shown below. The second column is the
# name by which a setting is saved to .lynxrc (which is chosen where
# possible to correspond with lynx.cfg). Use "OFF" to disable writing a
# setting, "ON" to enable it. Settings are read from .lynxrc after the
# corresponding data from lynx.cfg, so they override lynx.cfg, which is
# probably what users expect.