Re: [Lynx-dev] mailer system pointer

From: Tim Chase
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] mailer system pointer
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 12:58:00 -0500

On 2017-09-11 12:25, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> I got msmtp installed and configured.  Maybe that will work.

Other things to check

- your ISP may be blocking outbound port 25 which is bare (non
  SSL/TLS) SMTP, so your existing local MTA might be working but
  blocked

- if you have a mail-server out there (such as your ISP's or panix or
  wherever you get/send your mail), you should be able to connect to
  them via SMTPS which would bypass any such possible port 25
  restrictions.

I've used both "msmtp" and "dma" (Dragonfly Mail Agent) which work
nicely for sending mail from your local machine through a remote
"smart mailer"

-tim