Re: [Lynx-dev] Ž rendered as cedilla

From: russellbell
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Ž rendered as cedilla
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 09:07:42 -0700

        Quoth Mr David Woolley:

        'This is getting confusing because your email program cannot
cope either'
        My e-mail program works for me.  Yours may misinterpret it.

        'U+017d is the correct code point for Latin Capital Letter Z
with caron, and what should be used in HTML entity values.'
        It's b4 in iso-8859-15.  The purpose of the chrtrans tables
are to translate HTML into target characters, in other words HTML 17d
into iso-8859-15 b4.  HTML is the source, not the target.

        'U+00b4 is Acute Accent and U+00b8 is Cedilla, and this is in
an area where ISO 8859/1 is a valid subset of Unicode.'
        I use iso-8859-15 .

        I'm not complaining, merely pointing out how to get lynx to
work for the next person who uses my configuration (as if) - even if
it's not valid Unicode.

russell bell