Re: [Lynx-dev] Ž rendered as cedilla

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Ž rendered as cedilla
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 16:38:30 +0000 (UTC)

address@hidden dixit:

>       'U+017d is the correct code point for Latin Capital Letter Z
>with caron, and what should be used in HTML entity values.'
>       It's b4 in iso-8859-15.  The purpose of the chrtrans tables
>are to translate HTML into target characters, in other words HTML 17d
>into iso-8859-15 b4.  HTML is the source, not the target.

Indeed, latin9 (ISO 8859-15) does have ž and Ž:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8859-15#ISO_8859-15_vs._-1_vs._Windows-1252_vs._Unicode

So your above paragraph is almost correct, except it’s not “HTML”
but “Unicode U+017D” is to be rendered as latin9 0xB4.

However, src/chrtrans/iso15_uni.tbl does have this correct.

I highly suspect your original page is encoded wrongly.
Can you send a link to it?

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Stéphane, I actually don’t block Googlemail, they’re just too utterly
stupid to successfully deliver to me (or anyone else using Greylisting