Re: [Lynx-dev] File download managers in Lynx

From: Larry Hynes
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] File download managers in Lynx
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 14:29:16 +0000

"dan d." <address@hidden> wrote:
> I would like to ask consideration be given to making the file download
> agent a configuration item in the same way an alternative editor can
> be used.
>
> One could use for exampl curl or wget with their particular options,
> or in my intrest an agent which speeds download time by spliting the
> file at its origin by multiple parallel requests and then reassembling
> it locally.
>
> I use a mac and examples of the latter are axel or aria2 which have
> many options as well as to how the download is done.

Have you looked at the DOWNLOADER option in lynx.cfg? Something
like the following might work for you:

        DOWNLOADER:curl:curl -O -L -f -s %s %s &:TRUE

You can also explore something like:

        EXTERNAL_MENU:http:curl download:curl -O -L -s -f %s &:TRUE

You can specify aria2c as well, or in addition to, if you please.