Re: [Lynx-dev] Website shows blank page in Lynx browser

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Website shows blank page in Lynx browser
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 14:39:53 +0000 (UTC)

David Woolley dixit:

> Also note that HTML5 is the product of a coup, by an industry
> consortium and is not controlled by W3C. W3C wanted a semantically
> strong language, document mark-up language. WHATWG wanted a language
> for running graphical applications on browsers, that was defined in
> such a way that even garbage produced consistent graphical results
> across browsers.

Wow!

Fun side fact: there are two “HTML5”, one by each group; one has
had a formal release, the other is “a living standard”, i.e. can
change on a whim; both are indistinguishable from each other.

I’ve had it had with them and just stick to XHTML/1.1 for my own
webpages. That’s more than sufficient.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
“It is inappropriate to require that a time represented as
 seconds since the Epoch precisely represent the number of