Re: [Lynx-dev] Cancel a goto request

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Cancel a goto request
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 16:33:58 +0000 (UTC)

dan d. dixit:

>I know control g will cancel many goto and/or link requests.  But when
>I get a "waiting for response" it does nothing and that can remain for
>a very long time.

You can hit “z” there, unless it’s in that weird state where only
http://www.mirbsd.org/htman/i386/man8/tcpdrop.htm on the connection
will help (search the mailing list archives for details).

>Is there or could there be a similar command to cancel a request in
>all contexts regardless of how the target is responding?

In most contecēs it’s ^G (Ctrl-G), just not for downloads and
DNS resolving.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
22:20⎜<asarch> The crazy that persists in his craziness becomes a master
22:21⎜<asarch> And the distance between the craziness and geniality is