Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx startup message

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx startup message
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 06:35:56 -0400

When I run /usr/bin/lynx or just type lynx to run lynx at command prompt that strange message comes up either way. Now when I run:
file /usr/bin/lynx
/usr/bin/lynx: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=5e21e28486e33341613cecfe484143b263c95040, stripped

The other application I have on the system that uses lynx heavily is surfraw but how surfraw can be running a shell script in run instances described above I do not know. The hardware is an amd K8 Athelon built back I think in 1994.