[Lynx-dev] wikipedia reload problem

From: iohann.fust
Subject: [Lynx-dev] wikipedia reload problem
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 09:56:14 -0400

ok. going to try this once more. one person has very generously offered help (thanks, Russell). we could not arrive at a solution. i'll reach out once again. if i cannot resolve the problem, or at least arrive at some understanding, i'll need to abandon Lynx, unhappily.

When i navigate to Wikipedia(EN) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page), Wikipédia(FR) (https://fr.wikipedia.org/), Wiktionary (https://en.wiktionary.org/), Wiktionnaire (https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionnaire:Page_d'accueil), then leave the sites and attempt to return to the sites I am not returned to the site. The only way to go back to the sites is by re-starting Lynx.

This behavior is manifest ONLY with the Wikipedia related sites. No other sites exhibit the behavior. None.

My lynx.cfg:
SOURCE_CACHE: NONE
ALWAYS_RESUBMIT_POSTS:TRUE
PERSISTENT_COOKIES:FALSE

I have changed User-agent header to Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0. Still no luck.

I have installed an absolutely new version of Ubuntu Server, then sudo apt-get install lynx. Installs just fine. Exactly the same behavior.

Is it possible this is caused by their servers? Anti-webscraping strategy?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.