Re: [Lynx-dev] Playing mp3s From within Lynx?

From: Klaus-Peter Wegge
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Playing mp3s From within Lynx?
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 09:40:00 +0200 (CEST)

May be you should check .lynx.cfg in your home directory.
Specially the viewer entry. Example:
VIEWER:audio/mpeg:mpg123 -v %s

Best, Klaus

On Thu, 24 May 2018, Chime Hart wrote:

Many years ago these items were setup for me, but after several re-installs, well. First, I would like to once again be able to mash enter on an mp3 or types of video files on my hard-drive-and-have them play with mpv. Seemingly out of the box .ogg files will play, but they call alsaplayer. Can some1 please inform of the steps to fix this? Several experiment yielded no change.
And semi-related, here on Shellworld, I can type a
lynx .
and it will browse directories first, then files. I cannot seem to duplicate this locally, as it mixes files-and-dirs. Here on Shellworld, while I don't think its an alias, if I type
which lynx .
/usr/local/bin/lynx
.:       aliased to echo $cwd
Both Ubuntu-and-Debian moved the location of TCSH aliases, but I looked in /etc/csh.cshrc but see nothing like that, but I would love this same behavior locally, so I can better work with audio-and-video files. Thanks so much in advance
Chime