Re: [Lynx-dev] xhtml file extensions

From: Keith Bowes
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] xhtml file extensions
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 13:31:55 -0400

Je 2018-07-16 je 12:33:06 (+0200) Dan-Simon Myrland skribis:
> Hi, I have noticed that lynx (at least as of 2.8.9dev.16 - 11 Jul 2017),
> does not recognize .xhtml or .xht files as html (it does recognise .htmlx --
> is that supposed to be xhtml..?). This causes a fair bit of problems in my
> use case (I am using it in a script to read epubs). You can of course force
> lynx to treat a page as html, but that only works for the first page. All
> subsequent links are only treated as text. Even hitting \ does not force
> lynx to treat these pages as html.

What do you mean "not recognize"?

Does `lynx file.xhtml` not work? (It works for me, even in my distro's
supplied 2.8.8rel.2)  Maybe your /etc/mime.types file (or whatever
GLOBAL_EXTENSION_MAP is set to) isn't set up right.  Mine has the line:
application/xhtml+xml                           xhtml xhtm xht

I sent a patch a while back to let you view the source code of XHTML
documents by \, but AFAIK, it was never applied (though, my fork of
Thomas Dickey's lynx-snapshots repository has it).