Re: [Lynx-dev] TLS-"transport layer security" & LYNX

From: Larry Hynes
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] TLS-"transport layer security" & LYNX
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 18:24:18 +0100

Shel Talmy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi to any of you programmers who can please fix this!
>
> Using LYNX, I'm now shut out of more than 50% of websites I normally go to
> for my work and it gets worse daily.
>
> TLS doesn't allow LYNX to logon to any of these TLS protected websites and
> I'm "pleading" with you to effect a fix for LYNX ASAP.
>
> And I'm open to recommendations for a browser in UNIX that will access the
> sites I'm now shut out of.  Yes, this is desperation time, so please tell
> me what I can do, as gonna assume I'm not the only one using LYNX with
> this problem.

Hi

Lynx, when configured to do so, can connect to secure websites i.e.
those whose addresses begin with https://

Can you tell us, please:

- The operating system that you are running lynx on (windows, linux, apple,
etc.)
- How you installed the version of lynx that you are running

And can you put in your message, please, the output of

        lynx -version