Re: [Lynx-dev] TLS-"transport layer security" & LYNX

From: Shel Talmy
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] TLS-"transport layer security" & LYNX
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:21:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Larry, thanks for your rapid reply. I forwarded your email to my tech, Giles Steinberg, who can supply you with the requested info.

Shel Talmy

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018, Larry Hynes wrote:

Shel Talmy <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi to any of you programmers who can please fix this!

Using LYNX, I'm now shut out of more than 50% of websites I normally go to
for my work and it gets worse daily.

TLS doesn't allow LYNX to logon to any of these TLS protected websites and
I'm "pleading" with you to effect a fix for LYNX ASAP.

And I'm open to recommendations for a browser in UNIX that will access the
sites I'm now shut out of.  Yes, this is desperation time, so please tell
me what I can do, as gonna assume I'm not the only one using LYNX with
this problem.

Hi

Lynx, when configured to do so, can connect to secure websites i.e.
those whose addresses begin with https://

Can you tell us, please:

- The operating system that you are running lynx on (windows, linux, apple,
etc.)
- How you installed the version of lynx that you are running

And can you put in your message, please, the output of

        lynx -version