Re: [Lynx-dev] wcwidth not honoured

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] wcwidth not honoured
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 12:32:33 +0000 (UTC)

KIHARA Hideto dixit:

>> (patches welcome)
>
>My patch is attached.

Oh, interesting!

>Known issue:
>* Highlight is incorrect on selecting wrapped long wide-char link text.
>* Whereis highlight position is incorrect after wide-char text.

Hm, that’s bad, but that’s also the case for the current code, I think.

However, from reading this…

>                ioldc++;
>                pre = s + 1;
>+#ifdef UTFWIDEWIDTH_SUPPORT
>+               if (text && text->T.output_utf8 && IS_UTF_FIRST(*s))
>+                   ioldc += utfextracells(s);

… it seems that combining characters, like u̲n̲d̲e̲r̲l̲i̲n̲e̲d̲ text, are
also not handled correctly.

Still, this might be a start. When I have time (I need to fix
bugs in some of my own projects first and put out releases for
them and some others…), I may look at it, too.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
08:05⎜<XTaran:#grml> mika: Does grml have an tool to read Apple
     ⎜    System Log (asl) files? :)