[Lynx-dev] weird bug when viewing searched-for string in source

From: russellbell
Subject: [Lynx-dev] weird bug when viewing searched-for string in source
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 22:03:28 -0600

        I don't know when this started; it may be lynx2.8.9rel.1.
When I search for a string when viewing the source, the character
before the string disappears and the last character is duplicated.
For instance:

        of persona<strong class="css-8qgvsz euv7paa0">l

becomes:

        ofpersonaa<strong class="css-8qgvsz euv7paa0">l

when I search on 'persona'.  (from
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/15/opinion/politics-race-white-tribalism.html
, chosen because the 'l' is made strong; I wondered why.)

        It doesn't happen when I search for a string in non-source; it
doesn't happen when I view the file with 'less', the source viewer.

        This may happen only in very long lines - is there a line
length at which lynx treats things differently?

russell bell