Re: [Lynx-dev] weird bug when viewing searched-for string in source

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] weird bug when viewing searched-for string in source
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:18:38 +0100

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 10:03:28PM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
>       I don't know when this started; it may be lynx2.8.9rel.1.
> When I search for a string when viewing the source, the character
> before the string disappears and the last character is duplicated.

I'm seeing this in lynx-2.8.9-1 (Fedora 28) and lynx-2.8.8-0.3.dev15
(CentOS 7) but not in lynx-2.8.6-27 (CentOS 6).

The highlight for the search string appears one place to the left of
where it should be, if the source line has been wrapped on the terminal
and the search term appears after the wrap.  It's as if the highlight
is not accounting for the '+' that appears at the beginning of the
wrapped line - except that lynx-2.8.6 also has the '+' and highlights
correctly.

imc