[Lynx-dev] invalid Google cookies (was Re: redirection loop)

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] invalid Google cookies (was Re: redirection loop)
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 16:33:38 +0000 (UTC)

address@hidden dixit:

>cookies (but, as another issue, google.com is sending invalid cookies to lynx,
>which is complaining).

I have this…

COOKIE_REJECT_DOMAINS:google.com

… in my /etc/lynx.cfg (to avoid storing their tracking cookies)
and this…

force_cookie_prompt=yes

… in my lynxrc (along with ENABLE_LYNXRC:FORCE_COOKIE_PROMPT:ON
in lynx.cfg to allow for this setting to be saved) to skip over
the invalid cookie prompts, just accepting them.

One would think a company such as Google would hold up those
very open standards that allowed it to bloom in the first place,
and have manpower enough to do so. But no, they ignore standards
(their so-called eMail service is a bad joke in more than three
ways, too…).

HTH & HAND,
//mirabilos
--
«MyISAM tables -will- get corrupted eventually. This is a fact of life. »
“mysql is about as much database as ms access” – “MSSQL at least descends