Re: [Lynx-dev] display bugs in Linux kernel 4.19 that show up in lynx

From: russellbell
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] display bugs in Linux kernel 4.19 that show up in lynx
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 07:27:26 -0600

        Quoth Thomas Dickey:  'Using what terminal (and what $TERM)?'

        TERM=linux
        tset -r also returns 'linux'

        It's non-X, framebuffer, mode 773, 170x48 characters.  There's
a new option in 4.19, "Framebuffer Console Deferred Takeover
(FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE_DEFERRED_TAKEOVER)".

        What un-happens is the blanking of portions of the screen that
are supposed to be blank to the left of the first displayed character
but not between them or to their right; lines that are totally blank
don't inherit old characters.  For instance I indent for <p> - the
indented space inherits what was in the previous screen.  The same
happens for centered lines, indented lists and tables...

        infocmp (the author's name looks familiar...) returns:

#       Reconstructed via infocmp from file: /usr/share/terminfo/l/linux
linux|linux console,
[blah-blah-blah]

russell bell

PS: I fetched the ncurses source from github and built the test
programs, if that's any help.