[Lynx-dev] funny colors with slang?

From: russellbell
Subject: [Lynx-dev] funny colors with slang?
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 06:14:29 -0600

        I've gotten tired of the artifacts that started with kernel
4.19 so I tried my other screen choices (I've used ncursesw since I
switched to the 64-bit kernel, in which lynx with ncurses crashes);
ncurses & curses crash; I can't build with pdcurses (what is that
anyway?); when I build with slang I don't get the display artifacts
but the colors are completely wrong.  Why would lynx with slang use
different colors than lynx with ncursesw when they both use the same
lynx.lss?  I know I can change lynx.lss, but when the colors don't
match the file, how do I know what to make it?
        Curiously, -nocolor brings the artifacts back with slang and
the colors aren't black & white.

russell bell