Re: [Lynx-dev] Links do not work

From: Larry Hynes
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Links do not work
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 12:47:03 +0000

Riku Virtanen <address@hidden> wrote:
> The output is
>
> Lynx Version 2.8.9rel.1 (08 Jul 2018)
> libwww-FM 2.14, SSL-MM 1.4.1, OpenSSL 1.0.0k-fips, ncurses 5.9.20130511(wide)
> Built on linux-gnu (Jul 11 2018 15:43:26).

Thank you.

My lynx shows:

Lynx Version 2.8.9rel.1 (08 Jul 2018)
libwww-FM 2.14, SSL-MM 1.4.1, OpenSSL 1.0.2p, ncurses 5.7.20081102

So it seems I have a slightly newer version openssl than you. You
could try compiling lynx against a newer version of openssl.

If openssl is installed by your linux distribution's package manager,
you could check and see if there is a newer version available, and
recompile lynx. Otherwise, I imagine that you would have to download
and compile openssh, and point lynx to that during lynx compilation.

(The only other thing that I can think of is that your certificate
bundle is out of date, but I think I would start by trying to update
openssl.)