Re: [Lynx-dev] forcing a screen refresh

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] forcing a screen refresh
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 13:57:30 +0000

On 08/11/18 13:50, address@hidden wrote:

        How can I make lynx refresh the screen every re-paint?
        I still get left-over characters in lynx.  I discovered
control-l, which eliminates them.  How can I force this to happen
every time I change the screen?

This is likely to be because you are using the wrong terminal type in your TERMCAP setting.

If all else fails you could edit the termcap/terminfo definition to limit the terminal capabilities to effectively force a rewrite, but note that, if you succeeded, it would probably rewrite for every character entered into a form field.

It would be better simply to use a terminal description that matches your terminal emulation.

NB this is an OS issue, not a Lynx one.