[Lynx-dev] a cookie question?

From: russellbell
Subject: [Lynx-dev] a cookie question?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 22:28:51 -0700

        Quoth Karen Lewellen: 'When lynx adds a cookie to
the.lynx_cookies file, does it place it at the top or the end?'
        Bottom.  Updated cookies retain their original position.

        Quoth Karen Lewellen: 'I ask because in some cases I may have
several cookies for the same service in this file, with my wondering
if all are needful.'
        Many domains create more than 1 cookie, used for different
purposes.

        Quoth Karen Lewellen: ' I know from experience that if the
file gets too large some services can no longer find their cookie.'
        This has never happened to me.  I can believe that domains
change their cookie format and may fail to handle outdated cookies,
but don't know that this has ever happened to me.

        Quoth Karen Lewellen: 'random removal can create a disaster.'
        What kind of disaster?  I've never had a problem removing
cookies.  NewYorker creates 2, stops me from seeing more than 4
articles until I remove the cookies, so I remove them.  You can keep a
backup.

russell bell