Re: .ONESHELL enhancement?

From: Boris Kolpackov
Subject: Re: .ONESHELL enhancement?
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 08:59:48 +0200

Hi David,

David Boyce <address@hidden> writes:

> Again, if it doesn't work for someone, they don't need to use it.

I don't like the idea that .ONESHELL will realistically only work
for specially-crafted makefiles (and that's where, I feel, it is
going). This way it becomes a feature for a "special interest" group.
I would much prefer it being smart enough to be able to work with a
wide range of existing build systems. Or, at least, issue warnings
for incompatible constructs so that a build system can be fixed.

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools  http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog
Open-source XML data binding for C++:  http://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd