make-w32

RE: Command line length on Win2000

From: Geoffrey Tam
Subject: RE: Command line length on Win2000
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:06:04 -0400

Here are the answers to your questions:
- make was downloaded many, many years ago, so I *think* it was a DOS build.
- the COMSPEC environment variable points to CMD.EXE

Do you know where I can get the latest version of gmake in executable form?
Unfortunately, I don't have enough time in the day to build it myself. I
will need it to work in both Win98 and Win2000 as some machines run Win98
and others run Win2000. I'd prefer 1 executable, but if I need 2
executables, so be it.

Your help is much appreciated.