make-w32

Re: Compile warning fixes

From: J. Grant
Subject: Re: Compile warning fixes
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:50:20 +0100

Hi Paul,

on the 16/03/04 21:27, Paul D. Smith wrote:
%% "J. Grant" <address@hidden> writes:

  jg>        * arscan.c: Change "while(1)" to "for(;;)" to correct "condition
  jg>        expression is constant warning. (line 425)

I don't like these.  To my mind "while (1)" is much more readable than
"for (;;)".

If a code change is not agreeable, would turning off the specific
warning on all MSVC builds be acceptable?

Something like this at the beginning and end of each file would stop all
"warning C4127: conditional expression is constant" warnings throughout
each file:

#ifdef _MSC_VER
#ifdef WINDOWS32
#pragma warning(disable:4127)
#endif
#endif

#ifdef _MSC_VER
#ifdef WINDOWS32
#pragma warning(pop)
#endif
#endif

I'll look at the rest of these.

  jg>        * glob/fnmatch.c: fnmatch() change "const" to "__const" to match

  jg>        * glob/fnmatch.h: Check HAVE_FNMATCH and give an error if this file

  jg>        * glob/glob.c: Check HAVE_FNMATCH to ensure that the correct header

The glob code is actually taken from the GLIBC library, so we have to be
careful about updates there so we don't introduce incompabilities.  I'll
check it out.

I wonder how you got on reviewing these and the other revisions please?

Kind regards

JG