make-w32

Re: Bug report: Compile with Microsoft and Intel compiler

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bug report: Compile with Microsoft and Intel compiler
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:25:23 +0300

> From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jerker_B=E4ck?= <address@hidden>
> Cc: <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:05:12 +0200
>
> 1) There is no unistd.h anywhere

Okay, that explains many problems.

I think the best solution for this is to add unistd.h to the
w32/include directory.  NMakefile and build_w32.bat already set up the
compiler to look into that directory for include files.

So could you please show us the MSC prototypes of all the functions,
which, according to your report and my analysis, should come from
unistd.h?  I will then suggest a version of unistd.h to put into
w32/include and ask you to try that.  Okay?

> Note: Do you see now the effect of _MSC_EXTENSIONS visavi __STDC__? If I had
> disabled the extensions and got __STDC__ defined to true, the compiler would
> never had found the right prototypes for chdir et al (maybe using local
> prototypes instead).

I never suggested to disable the extensions; I think that'd be a silly
thing to do.