make-w32

Re: "make check" broken in latest CVS?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: "make check" broken in latest CVS?
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 20:40:01 -0400

%% "J. Grant" <address@hidden> writes:

  jg> Could someone confirm if "make check" is broken in latest CVS please?

It works for me (on UNIX of course).

  jg> Is there a fix (or workaround?) for this?

  jg> (for f in .deps/*.Po; do \
  jg>     echo ""; \
  jg>     echo "# $f"; \
  jg>     cat $f \
  jg>       | sed -e '/^[^:]*\.[ch] *:/d' \
  jg>             -e 's, /usr/[^ ]*,,g' \
  jg>   done) > .dep_segment
  jg> /bin/sh: .dep_segment: Permission denied

Looks like either your shell has clobber disabled (so that redirection
won't overwrite an existing file), or the .dep_segment file is not
writable for some reason.

I'll change the script to remove the .dep_segment file first; although
this is not necessary on UNIX systems it's not a big deal.