make-w32

Re: how to use "make" to build such project as lemur etc. on winxp.

From: Muhammad Hasan
Subject: Re: how to use "make" to build such project as lemur etc. on winxp.
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 17:11:33 +0500

Hi T.Wtsing.

You can use MinGW or CigWin in order to get the environment of linux to use Configure, Make and Make Install steps. This is the only solution, I know so far, to build linux projects containing makefiles on windows with GCC or G++. You can google how to get MinGW or CigWin.

The other tool that might also help you is NMAKE tool for windows. Remember !!! It uses CL compiler.

"CodeBlocks" is a cross platform compiler that might also help you. I haven't worked much on it but i'm sure it contains option to use makefile to build a project.

Let me know what option works out for you.

Regards,
Syed Muhammad Hassan Mustafa
Cell                          : +92 333 5708638
Tel (Res- Pakistan)    : +92 51 5465170
Tel (Off)                     : +92 51-2206182 (ext-137)
Fax                           : +92 51-2206186

Software Engineer
Elixir Technologies (Pvt.) Ltd.