make-w32

Re: make returning spurious 4522468 errors

From: tom honermann
Subject: Re: make returning spurious 4522468 errors
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 12:00:49 -0800

On 1/8/2010 11:45 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Ah! zsh...  Do your Makefiles really depend on a Unixy shell features?
If not, any reason you couldn't stop using zsh and rely on cmd.exe
instead?
Yes, they do. Our GNU make based build system is currently used for all of the UNIX and Linux systems we support and many of the commands do depend on a POSIX shell. I had originally hoped to use cmd.exe (and we may revisit that at some point), but at the moment, this is where
we're at.

Well, my personal contributions are quite small, but thanks anyway.
Perhaps your contributions to the code are small, I wouldn't know about that. However,
your contributions on this mail list are excellent!

Tom.