mediagoblin-devel

Re: [GMG-Devel] [Social-mediagoblin] MediaGoblin: the Logo

From: Jef van Schendel
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] [Social-mediagoblin] MediaGoblin: the Logo
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 00:08:34 +0200

Hi all!

Sorry that I didn't respond to this thread sooner.

Actually, I think I'll play around a bit myself with some of
Thorsten's earlier sketches (from his first blog post[1]). I actually
like some of those better than the ones that were highlighted,
especially number 4. I'll report to the list when I have something.

> I do like that particular font... I really love that type!.  We already
> have a font, though I'm not sure if Jef feels it's the final font,
> though.  I'd be interested in hearing what Jef thinks of this!

I definitely agree with this, I love the type. From what I read in the
post, I assume you made it yourself (or at least heavily customized
it)? Not completely sure about the tail on the G, the end of it feels
like it's a little too close to the rest of the letter. But I like how
the overall look is cute, friendly and inviting, without looking like
it was made for a kid's birthday party. It's recognizable, but not too
silly. (And hey, as Thorsten pointed out, maybe a logotype alone will
suffice, who knows...)

By the way, up til now we've used the Carter One typeface from
Google's Web Fonts, but it's by no means definitive. I've actually
been looking for something more neutral, something that can also be
used around people's media without looking out-of-place.

Jef