mediagoblin-devel

Re: [GMG-Devel] Forums and Marketplace

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Forums and Marketplace
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 11:13:28 -0500

John writes:

> Can Mediagoblin have a forums and marketplace kinda like Ghost has
> http://blog.ghost.org/

It might be nice to have a forum.  Unfortunately, forum software is one
more thing to maintain, and I doubt I or Simon have time to admin
that... and it also needs moderation, and etc.  I think it would be best
if this was run by the community, somewhat like blenderartists.org is
not actually run by the Blender Foundation?

As for a "marketplace"... I would welcome people paying for development
of plugins.  I'm not sure how that would be set up, though.  However, I
wouldn't welcome that meaning "paying for proprietary plugins"... which
is not allowed anyway, since our code is under the AGPL.

 - Chris