mediagoblin-devel

Re: [GMG-Devel] 0.8 testing on Jessie

From: Sebastian Hugentobler
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] 0.8 testing on Jessie
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 10:29:33 +0200

> Could you post the list of packages/ports needed?

Sorry for the delay, I got caught up in a few things.

Here is the list of packages I use to provision a mediagoblin instance
on FreeBSD 10.1 for mediagoblin master. I use it for pdf, images (with
exif), video and audio. The gstreamer-vpx plugin is needed for video
transcoding, apart form that I think it is up to the admin which
gstreamer plugins to install (albeit I haven't done extensive testing on
that front).

- python27
- devel/py-virtualenv
- devel/py-gobject3
- devel/py-lxml
- graphics/py-exiv2
- graphics/py-pillow
- poppler-utils
- databases/py-psycopg2
- databases/py-sqlite3
- math/py-numpy
- science/py-scipy
- multimedia/py-gstreamer1
- gstreamer1-plugins-core
- gstreamer1-plugins-good
- gstreamer1-plugins-bad
- gstreamer1-plugins-ugly
- gstreamer1-plugins-vpx
- gstreamer1-libav
- libsndfile
- git
- gcc
- security/ca_root_nss
- gmake
- npm
- autoconf
- automake

I also had to tweak the installation process as described in ticket #5312.
As the spamfilter won't let me create a second ticket (nor add a comment
to the first) I am posting the second installation problem here (for the
moment):

On FreeBSD (10.1) the Makefile fails at the ''mediagoblin.ini'' step
because the long ''--no-clobber'' option for the ''cp'' command does not
exist.
Its short form ''-n'' does and works for me (should also exist on Linux
systems).

--
https://code.vanwa.ch/