microdc-devel

[microdc-devel] Re: MICRODC PROBLEM

From: Oskar Liljeblad
Subject: [microdc-devel] Re: MICRODC PROBLEM
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 14:42:07 +0200

On Friday, March 17, 2006 at 00:54, Maxon2oo wrote:

Hi Maxon2oo

[..]
> What may be the problem?
>
> If it is runned manually, microdc is connected and runs fine, but if it
> runned by cron, microdc is disconnected from a hub just after connect.
>
> I tryed to connect to different hubs. The same result. :(

How do you start it in the cron? microdc currently needs to be run with a
terminal for stdin. That's because of readline. It's possible that it
will just get stuck if run without a terminal, and eventually disconnect...
A while ago I was working on pluggable user interfaces for microdc, that
would make it possible to run it even without user interface.
My best recommendation right now is to do this:

Put hub connect command in .microdc/config
Start screen. Run this following commands inside it:

 $ while true; do microdc; done
 [ microdc starts ]

Now in script run from cron, do something like killall -TERM microdc if
microdc is disconnected...
I hope this will work.

Regards,

Oskar