monit-dev

Problem with running monit from init and using "kill -9" on linux

From: Rory Toma
Subject: Problem with running monit from init and using "kill -9" on linux
Date: 29 Oct 2002 18:07:00 -0800

I've notice a problem with the http server, init and kill -9 on linux.

If I kill -9 the main monit process, the http thread is temporarily in a
defunct state, long enough to prevent it from restarting due to binding
to a socket already in use.

I suggest that I add a loop when starting that will try a few times
before giving up if we're in init mode.

--
Rory Toma               address@hidden
VP of Run Level 5       http://www.trs80.net