monit-dev

Re: Exec implemented!

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Exec implemented!
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:55:39 +0200

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:
What feature would be still pending for 3.3?

Not much actually, but here are a few items I can think of. (Please
all of you, add to this list if you now of other issues):

1) The most important is probably to cleanup the documentation in the
monit.pod file and align it with all the changes done in the code
base. Personally, I also feel that we can do more to structure and
improve this documentation. I'll use some time this week to see what I
can do, and all suggestions for improvements are very welcome.

2) It would be great if Rory would find time to test monit on the many
different machines and OS'es he has access to, particularly OS X and
FreeBSD I think.

3) With shame, I have to admitt that I haven't had time to test all
the new fancy device code submitted by Martin. I would very much like
to test this more before a release and I'm planning on doing it, this
week. What about you, Christian, have you had time to test this
functionality?

4) Fix the "Closing files" bug report sent to the monit-general list.
done

5) I need to cleanup stuff around the new exec statement and timestamp
extension. That is, fix the monit -v debug info and info printed in
the web-interface.

6) Factor obvious event code (in alert.c and in validate.c) into event
handlers as mentioned above. Do you have time to give it a stab?

7) I plan to fix socket.c so it can create TCP|UPD|UNIX sockets and
thus remove create_generic_socket() from the code and from net.c. This
way, socket.c will be a simple fasade against parts of net.c and we
can hide more of the gory details. The protocol interface will also be
easier; Instead of obtaining a Port_T object in the function we can
send a Socket_T object and the protocol code can use the methods in
the socket.c class to write and read from the socket. E.g. the
check_pop function and other check functions will get this signature:

int check_pop(Socket_T s)
8) Add the rdate protocol patch we got from Francois Isabelle.

done

I plann to:

9.) add size test for file service type

10.) add uid and gid owner tests for file and directory service types

---

... and testing :)

Martin