monit-dev

Re: Another 4.0 problem!

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: Another 4.0 problem!
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:42:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

> Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

> >> Unfortunately it does not work.  I do still just get an empty status
> >> report!
> >
> > It was a long shoot. OK, no way around it then - I have to rewrite the
> > httpd stuff to use a proper non-blocking i/o. This means that we
> > cannot release before Monday 21. even if I manage to rewrite
> > everything tonight we need to test it a bit afterwards.
>
> I have refactored the monit httpd server to use proper non-blocking
> i/o. In the process I have also cleaned up parts of the server as
> well. The code is better and all the if(ssl)..else.. code are gone.

Pretty nice!

> I have stayed up all night and wrote this half-asleep, but it does
> look good and it does seems to work. It is tested but not extensively,
> and since I have a double sight right now it should be tested more.

Have some sleep... please!

> The big question of course is if this refactoring helped?

Nope... so far found out if monit is doing nothing I gonna get mostly 0 as
a return of the sock_read in the client,  if monit is busy e.g. validation
I get -1.

> I hope so, if not I'll give it another stab when I wake up. (If the
> problem remains, could you analyze and possibly provide a strace or gdb
> session, Cristian?)

I am on it!

> But now, off to bed... :-)

Sleep well Hauk!

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113