monit-dev

Re: RFD: C style

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: RFD: C style
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:46:57 +0200

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

Lately I have started to use the Linux style but I'm open on
this. What do others prefer? Should we do a job and use a better
style? Martin (Allman), Christian and Rory, what do you think? Use a
new style or status quo?

+1 status quo... I some how got used to it... and I started to use
it for other codes too. (-:

Hehe, well there is also one other reference I know of that use our
K&R hybrid style -- SQLite, and here's a random example from that
codebase:

static void setJoinExpr(Expr *p){
  while( p ){
    ExprSetProperty(p, EP_FromJoin);
    setJoinExpr(p->pLeft);
    p = p->pRight;
} }

After I found out how easy it was to use this c-style in XEmacs by
using (setq c-default-style "gnu") with K&R brackets and switching
c-style is just C-c . I can easily live with status quo. Since you
actually like this style, it's tempting to cut through and skip this
discussion and let thing stay as they are. So I'm joining your +1 :)

OK, i will use it too :)

Martin