monit-dev

Proposal: remove redirect support in http protocol test

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Proposal: remove redirect support in http protocol test
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:20:51 +0200

The HTTP protocol test supports rudimentary redirect within the same server but not to external servers, though that should not be difficult to add. However looking at the redirect code now I think the best would be to remove it from monit. The reason is that it adds extra unnecessary complexity without adding much in functionality and it also keeps the socket open for keep-alive timeout. Users should instead write the direct URL and we should send the "Connection: close" header as well which would be easier on the server we test. For monit it does not matter though since the socket is closed anyway after the http protocol test returns.

Jan-Henrik