monit-dev

Re: [monit-dev] Toning down sleeps in wait_start/wait_stop

From: Michael Renner
Subject: Re: [monit-dev] Toning down sleeps in wait_start/wait_stop
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 15:55:44 +0200

On Jun 8, 2011, at 15:26 , Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

>> Hi thanks for the patch. Applied the idea. You are right about the rationale
>> for this and about the wastefulness of scanning the entire process tree. We
>> are in the process of refactoring Monit and stuff like this will be much
>> improved.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to the upcoming releases!

Monit has been a great help so far in small environments, housekeeping headless
Openoffice and Java (Etherpad site) and also seems to be capable housesitting
large amounts of services. The upcoming interfaces (json et al) make it a great
asset for this style of task!

best,
Michael