monit-dev

[monit-dev] An apology and Monit status update

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: [monit-dev] An apology and Monit status update
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 14:48:50 +0200

Hi all

I apologize for the large amount of email that was sent to the list from
subversion. This wont happen again - I have set repository notification to go
to an internal email address instead.

The reason for this frenzy of emails is that I'm in the process of refactoring
Monit. The first result of this work should be a new 'check program' statement
which will allow Monit to check the status of an external program. It will work
as a simple plugin system for Monit. This new function will be released with a
new version of Monit in 1-2 weeks.

The actual work of rewriting Monit will take longer and the approach we will
use is to introduce a new libmonit which gradually will replace existing Monit
code with high quality and modern (C99) code from M/Monit.

The long-term goal is to reduce the source code of Monit to basically a parser
for the configuration language and a validator which will run the different
checks. The rest of the code will be moved into libmonit.

Best regards
--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
http://tildeslash.com/