monit-dev

Re: [monit-dev] Feature suggestion: SNMP support in Monit

From: Michael Shigorin
Subject: Re: [monit-dev] Feature suggestion: SNMP support in Monit
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 12:32:25 +0300

On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 09:47:33AM +0300, Lior Okman wrote:
> > So if any sort of plugin or IPC implementation is feasible,
> > that would be a huge improvement over plain configure knob.
> I plan on making it a compile time option, so if you don't want
> SNMP support, just configure monit as usual, but if you do want
> it, then add --with-snmp when you run the configure script.

It's nice in general, but when packaging, it tends to result
in "alternative builds".  I do understand that it's probably
not your objective, but knowing this can make further work
in this direction easier.

> Is this sufficient?

For me to enable it in ALT Linux package by default, no.
But I'll make a build-time %define knob too, of course.
Guess Debian or OpenWall folks might think similarly.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <address@hidden>