monit-general

Re: patch for parsing of arguments used in the start start/stop programs

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: patch for parsing of arguments used in the start start/stop programs modification
Date: 25 Jul 2002 16:49:38 +0200

Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

> If argument blocks should be supported (and i think they should :)
> submitted patch wouldn't be satisfaction for it => more extended
> refactoring will be needed. If the new parser wouldn't be done until
> new (patch) release, we can maybe use submitted patch, while it is bit
> better than present parser

Yep, absolutely. And it just hit me, maybe we can use the the parser
and lexer (p.y/l.l) to split the arguments correctly?

I'm just sketching here (and we must redefine PATH a bit a suchs):

start           : START '"' PATH argumentlist '"';
start           : START PATH;

argumentlist    : argument
                | argumentlist argument
                ;

argument        : STRING { addargument($1); }
                | BLOCK  { addargument($1); }
                and so on..

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland