monit-general

Re: Monit doesn't detach from the tty

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Monit doesn't detach from the tty
Date: 08 Aug 2002 19:39:10 +0200

Mark Ferlatte <address@hidden> writes:

> Heh, I'm back, fresh from the umask issue (BTW, I'm running a copy of
> monit that does umask save at startup/restore at spawn, and it, at
> least, does what I want... ;), and found another one.

Okay, I have added the umask code, check it out from cvs and verify
that it's what you have, please.

> monit 2.5, when run in daemon mode, doesn't actually detach from the
> tty, which results in (at least) ssh having trouble when you try and
> log out.

Okay, I have also refactored Rory's patch for this. It was what I
originally suspected, the daemonize code is sound except that the fd,
0,1, and 2 had to be closed and re-opend to /dev/null.

Seems to work now.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland