monit-general

Re: [HTTP]:error "running" link

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [HTTP]:error "running" link
Date: 07 Oct 2002 16:22:08 +0200

"Izquierdo, Raul" <address@hidden> writes:

>       Hi, I've proved 3.0 version at linux and there is not problem with
> runtime status.
>
>       It doesn't seems a version problem. I installed monit  2.5 in
> several Sun Solaris 8 Machines (netra T1, T1125) and the process is also
> killed when I click on the runtime link. Could it be posible that it
> happends because it is not compatible  with Solaris 8 version. I've seen
> that the package is on tildeslash web for Solaris 7.

monit should compile and work both on Solaris 7 and 8. Obviously
something has changed for the worse in Solaris version 8.

>       The unique difference with linux installation is that I installed a
> new bison version 1.35 because 1.34 and before needed libiconv and make
> doesn't worked without it.

That's okay and not a factor.

>       I've seen in the /core file the following message at Solaris
> machine:
>
>        580  A/_runtime
>    581  pe: text/html
>    582  %.0H
>    583  1922
>    584  SunOS
>    585  24999
>    586  tmpfs
>    587  24999
>    588  3898
>    589  ntime HTTP/1.0
>    590  0OeZ
>    591  0K:6
>    592  0IK-
>    593  0Od}
>    594  0I~l
>    595  0Ov#
>    596  0IKw
>    597  0Ovz
>    598  0Iv8
>    599  _signotifywait(): bad return; exiting process

The monit process is killed, alright. After a bit of debugging it
looks like the "fancy" usage of sigsetjmp we use for request timeout
does not work properly with solaris 8. I'm not 100% sure if this is
the reason for the bug but at least I also got a SIGSEGV when I tested
on Solaris 8. Please try the enclosed patch and let us know if it helps!

Install:

Copy the patch to the monit-3.0 source directory and do:
 patch -p1 < http.patch

Jan-Henrik Haukeland